Sunday, July 10, 2011

Spinach Casserole

This is a favourite in our family.

Spinach Casserole

2-3 eggs
6T whole wheat flour
2c cottage cheese
2c grated cheddar cheese
1/2t salt
1 lb fresh spinach (which is actually quite a lot!)
3T wheat germ

Beat eggs and flour until smooth. Stir in cheeses and salt. Add spinach (torn up if large leaves).
Pour into greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle wheat germ over top.

Bake at 350F for 45 minutes.

It is excellent with cooked carrots- the vitamin C will help you absorb the iron from the spinach.

It is also great with some scapes, green onion, and/or regular old onion chopped up and added with the spinach.

2 comments:

  1. The challenge I have with cooking mostly veg meals is that so many recipes include cheese, which my son can't eat...hard to jazz up veggies without it! I haven't even touched last week's share but must get creative today so my crisper is free for Wednesday's pick up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love cheese, and I'm very glad we can all enjoy it. I would find it very difficult to cook without cheese!

    You better get busy cooking! That's a lot of veggies to eat in 2 days! :)

    ReplyDelete