Tuesday, July 12, 2011

new week

Once again, I am excited at the prospect of new fresh veggies! This week we've done fairly well at eating them, but we had a few meals away from home, and we've both been working lots. So we have a few veggies left over. We managed to eat all of our salad mix (finished that up tonight for supper, along with some leftover turkey-taco quesadillas), but we still have our spinach/chard mix and our head of lettuce left. However, I'm not too worried because I see our upcoming list doesn't contain many green leafies. It's nice to have the variety.

I definitely like eating things fresh and in season, but sometimes, it can almost be too much of a good thing. A few years ago, when my husband and I lived in Hamilton, we participated in a CSA there, and we got soooooo much salad mix that we got a little tired of it. Although our previous CSA was a much larger operation, they didn't seem to have the variety of vegetables that Rainbow Heritage Garden does. I continue to be amazed at the number of "new" items in our baskets each week. Sure, there have been a few things we've gotten more than once, but many of the items are ones we have not yet received. And from the sounds of it, the variety is not going to end any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment