Sunday, July 17, 2011

kale convert

Ok, so I had some misgivings about the idea of kale, but I made kale chips out of it, and they were quite delicious! I added a bit of garlic, and used balsamic vinegar and some sesame oil. I think I'll try a different vinegar next time (the recipe suggested sherry vinegar, but I didn't have any). Cider vinegar would be my next try. I liked the garlic, and I am thinking maybe some ginger too. See, I am already making plans for the NEXT time I eat kale! I also baked the chips a tad longer than they needed, and a few had a rather burnt aftertaste. I'll know better next time.

I am also excited to try kale other ways. I am curious to try it raw. I tasted a little as I was preparing it to become chips, and I enjoyed it. And I am starting to get more comfortable with putting green leafies into things like stir frys and pasta dishes. It's not so weird after all.

2 comments:

  1. We are enjoying a CSA from RHG-and I am a new kale convert also! I have a bit of trouble catching the chips before over-done with a busy 21 month old, but they still taste great!
    Next time I'll try sesame oil and garlic-sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made them after my 15m/o old daughter was in bed. Certain things are just not worth the risk! ;)

    ReplyDelete