Thursday, August 4, 2011

New Veggie Day

Wednesday has become my favourite day of the week, because we get to pick up our fresh veggies from the CSA farm.

Part of the enjoyment is meeting other CSA members and/or farmers. Today we met several others picking up their veggies and making their choices, and also had a lovely little visit with Kylah and Dayvah.

Today we had lots of choices to make, but we came home with:
Beets
Broccoli
Red Fingerling Potatoes
Peas
Cucumbers
Zucchini
Green Onions
Basil
Kale
Green and Purple Peppers
this week's veggies- can you find them all?
Some exciting things are in store this week. Broccoli is a favourite veggie, and we are very happy to see it make an appearance in our share. I want to try making kale chips again, and will hopefully not burn them this time. I want to try making tzatziki with the cucumbers. And my parents are coming to visit, so the peppers are for my mom!
the zucchini are so cute, Susannah loved playing with them
I think a stir-fry or two is in order this week. I want to make one again with vermicelli rice noodles and hoisin sauce. I'm thinking broccoli, green onions, some fresh basil, and maybe some peas?  (as I learned to my embarrassment today, the pods are edible... oops!)
Mommy, we can eat these!
And we want to try chicken and veggie skewers again, with the zucchini for sure, and likely some onions and fresh pineapple (from the store... alas, there are no pineapple trees at RHG).
little veggie thief
Tonight we had BBQ turkey burgers with broccoli. Yum! We all loved the broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment