Friday, July 6, 2012

Last Week/This Week

Well, last week was a rather busy week for us, as my parents were visiting, and we transitioned Susannah to her "big girl bed". We ended up eating several meals out, and did a rather poor job of getting through our veggies. (Don't worry, they are keeping well in the fridge!) We did eat up the lettuces and most of the peas, as well as the turnips. I also did not get any blogs posted... sorry! We did the "turnip two ways" again, and had feta this time- yummy!


This week I completely forgot to take a picture of the veggies. In fact, I almost forgot the veggies! I was bringing in a bunch of things from the car and set the veggies down when I opened the door. Apparently I forgot to pick them up again! I did look for them about 10-15 minutes later, and found them outside... oops! Fortunately they escaped unharmed, and I did get them in the fridge right away.

Here is a cute pic of Susannah instead of veggies :)
We had LOTS of choices this time around, and while most were easy, I am never good at quick decisions so I was glad we had warning.

This week our share consisted of:
Peas- yummy! took some in my lunch today and they were so fresh and delicious
Young Garlic- so ready for fresh garlic! the winter is just too long
Zucchini- woohoo! zucchini season is beginning. we love zucchini... it's so versatile
Beets (or spinach)- Susannah LOVES beets so this was an easy one
Turnips (or radishes)- tough choice, but the turnips came with greens, the radishes didn't
Kale (or chard)- still had last week's chard, so went with kale; otherwise a tough choice too
Tomatoes (or peppers)- easy one, we don't care for pepper

This week I am looking forward to the tomatoes on a juicy toasted tomato and bacon sandwich, the zucchini in whatever we decide to cook up, and the peas. Well, I am looking forward to ALL the veggies, but those are what particularly tempt me at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment