Friday, July 6, 2012

Arugula

We finally managed to use the arugula from our very first basket of the season (about time, I know) inspired by a helpful blog comment by lindz660. We made an egg dish of some sort with the sauteed arugula along with some onions, mushrooms, and the young garlic. Yes, my husband used the whole head in one dish! It's so mild though that it was not overpowering at all. Plus this family LOVES garlic.
What would you call it? We just called it "supper" :)
We sauteed the arugula stems, onions, and mushrooms in a bit of butter until softened, and added the garlic and arugula leaves. Once wilted, we added in some beaten eggs and covered until the eggs were set. We also melted some cheese on top, because we seem to be incapable of eating eggs without cheese (and ketchup!) It was a delicious meal that we all enjoyed and I can finally say I've found a way to enjoy arugula. Thanks lindz660!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it! Can't wait to get some other great ideas from you this year. I've made our fave dish from last year, Turnip Two Ways, twice already this year. I know its a favourite at your house too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's really good is homemade ketchup from organic tomatoes. I had organic rice with homemade ketchup and organic cheese. Sounds like a strange combo but let me tell you I thought it tasted amazing.

    -Zane of ontario honey

    ReplyDelete