Monday, July 9, 2012

Our Meals This Week

In an effort to keep track of some of the delicious ways I am using our veggies, here is a visual summary of what we've been eating this week.

Fusili Pasta and Turkey Meatballs with
Rainbow Chard, Mushrooms, and Onions in Tomato Sauce.
Susannah trying some Rainbow Chard
so that she can get more noodles.
Delicious lunch that I've had several variations of:
toast with mayo, turkey bacon, and tomato.
Peas and carrots on the side.
Scrambled Egg dish containing arugula, mushrooms, onions, and young garlic. (and eggs and cheese!)
"Turnip Two Ways"
(this picture shows it with parmesan, but this week we used feta)
One lone Zucchini Stick!
Also this week we've cooked out beets (which were beautiful, and I wish I'd taken a picture!), sauteed our kale, and eaten our salad mix. We've done really well, although we still have a few veggies left from last week (beets, turnips, and scapes) and a few peas and one or two tomatoes from this week. But we're making up for lost time, and winning.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm! Our peas disappeared within minutes, eaten fresh. I made a wonderful kale slaw with sundried tomatoes and pine nuts (you can find the recipe on the LCBO website!). The kids devoured the beets, my sister took the zucchinis, and I'm still trying to get through the radishes...love them with just a pinch of salt and a slice of buttered bread! Your recipes look great...will have to try some more creative approaches this week (I'm almost 5 months pregnant and completely uninterested in cooking!) Our guinea pigs loved the ribs of the kale too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on your pregnancy! We are expecting too, due in November, and I can definitely relate! Fortunately my husband enjoys cooking too. (He actually cooked at least half of these meals)

      Your kale slaw sounds really yummy... will have to try it!

      Delete