Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Turnip Two Ways Returns

Tonight for dinner I prepared one of my favourite (to date) CSA recipe discoveries- Turnip Two Ways. Last year, when we first received hakurei turnips in our basket, Kylah had posted a link to this recipe as one idea for how to use them. Since I'd never seen or even heard of a hakurei turnip, I decided to take a chance on this recipe. And I'm so glad I did! We enjoyed it several times throughout the season last year.
Delicious "Turnip Two Ways" pasta dish.
All winter and spring I have been looking forward to this delicious pasta dish, and it definitely lived up to my expectations. I think this was the largest bunch of turnips I've ever prepared this with, and the first time I actually had green garlic on hand at the same time! My only (temporary) disappointment was realizing that I had only one very tiny chunk of feta left in my feta pail. Guess it's time for a new one!
One measly little chunk of feta.
Fortunately I had lots of fresh parmesan to grate in. (I think I may have gone a little overboard, but it was very delicious!) I highly recommend this recipe. Let me know if you try it. :)
Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment